Friday, July 20, 2007

Owlie and the Mad Dash

Right. I have about thirty percent of the Gryffindor scarf done, and twenty-three hours to finish the other 70 percent. Can I do it? Without getting carpal tunnel?

Here is the progress as of 1:19 AM, July 20th:
Yes, I realize that last yellow stripe is a little too wide (or it looks that way), but at this point, I'm not going to rip it out. I don't know if I'm going to the midnight release this year (I didn't for the last two books; I only went to the midnight release of GoF.). I have a cloak. It's awesome. Black crushed velvet, and a purple satin lining. Only problem is that it's a little bit loose. Okay, very loose. I (or rather, my mum) didn't put a piece in the collar area, so the seam where the hood connects to the rest of the cloak slips down my shoulder. (Partially to blame is my slippery choice in lining material.) Any quick fixes? It needs a proper clasp as well. I might get one at the Renaissance Festival next year if one catches my eye.
Back to the knitting. I'll keep updating this...

No comments: