Friday, January 12, 2007

Half-Price Books=Love

Drat. How did I get sick now? I haven't gone anywhere. =(

Hung out with Michelle today. We went to Steak n' Shake for dinner, which wasn't too bad, surprisingly. Anyhow, we were bored, and went to Borders. In a fit of nostalgia, I bought myself one of the installments of the Redwall series. I used to love those. It was my goal to own the entire set at one point, but somewhere along the line, I stopped reading them. I think it was after I finished Lord Brocktree for the second time. (Of course, this was probably back when I still had an attention span.) Or was it Triss? Anyway, I still have Rakkety Tam, Loamhedge, and High Rulain (or whatever) to read. The book I got was Rakkety Tam, and--get this--it's a SIGNED copy! Squee! And my day got better. We went to Half-Price Books, because Michelle wantedto see if she could find a copy of Howl's Moving Castle (the novel the movie is based on). Couldn't find it there, but she did get a copy of the next book in the series she's reading at the moment. I snagged a boxed set of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and a two-dollar CD (the Pocahontas soundtrack). I was aiming for the old covers from THG (before they made that movie), because my sister lost that version (and refuses to admit it :/) As for the Pocahontas soundtrack, we have it already, on cassette. (Somewhere. Anyone who wants to look for it can be my guest.) But I think it was pretty much the last good soundtrack Disney had. (Hunchback of Notre Dame had some good bits, as did Mulan, but overall, meh. Of course, Lion King had the BEST. It's Hans Zimmer. Of course it's amazing.)
We also watched The Illusionist at her house. I liked it, more than I thought I would. Andthe ending...I won't give it away, but--wow, I was not expecting that.
Anyway, I'm leaving either Saturday or Sunday. It's been nice being at home. A nice, long break from school and thinking. Not to mention--real food! However, yes, there have been times that it's been strained, made worse because of the fact that I didn't have access to my/the car. It's been a little irritating, getting used to doing things on my parents' terms rather than my own. That, and the fact that most of my friends left last week. (Tasha went back on New Year's Day, basically.) Michelle has January Term (Obies...), and is interning at the county environmental services thing. Last Friday, I just went and visited teachers (I had NOTHING better to do.) It was nice seeing them again, though. I often wonder whether they're actually genuinely happy to see old students. :P Thing is, I haven't been able to do as much stuff as I wanted over the break. I WANTED to go back to the salle and pester people there, read, knit...it would help if I had the car (at least for part of it), and that I hadn't spent who-knows-how-long on the computer. Yeah. I suppose it will be nice to see people again...maybe not my econ prof, but...

No comments: